Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 00:29:43 -0700
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@salsa.habaneros.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hylafax, faxgetty, & 2.1.5R (still)

I'm can't get faxgetty's adaptive answering feature to work.

Data calls to the modem, send it in to fax mode, where it hangs up with the CS,TR,CD lights on. Getty is never spawned.

Fax calls don't send the modem into fax mode.

I'm using a USR Sportster 14.4 on cuaa0. Faxing out works correctly.

Any suggestions? The config.cuaa0 file is included below.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Jensen
Habanero Studios Ltd.
Vancouver, Canada
www.habaneros.com

----------------------------------------- config.cuaa0 -----------------------------

# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class1      # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              19200        # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:    rtscts
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:     ATS13=1&D2      # setup so DTR drop resets modemD2
ModemSetupDCDCmd:     AT&C1               # setup so DCD follows carrier
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2    # setup modem for hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:        AT&H2&I2&R1    # setup modem for software flow control
ModemResultCodesCmd:   ATQ0X4             # enable result codes
#
ModemMfrQueryCmd:       !USR
ModemModelQueryCmd:     ATI3
ModemRevQueryCmd:       ATI7            # XXX, returns a multi-line result
#
# When AT+FCLASS=1 is issued the modem automatically switches
# to software flow control; these parameters let the fax software
# reset flow control as needed after entering Class 1.
#
Class1NFLOCmd:          AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow control
Class1HFLOCmd:          AT&H1&I0&R2     # setup modem for hardware flow control
Class1SFLOCmd:          ""                        # modem does this automatically
#
# The remainder of this configuration is included so that the
# modem "idles" in Class 0 while not sending or receiving facsimile.
#
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FCLASS=0&H1&I0&R2   # leave modem in class 0
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s@         # T for tone dialing, @ for silence
#
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      QUIET
#
# Adataptive answering commands
#
AdaptiveAnswer:         yes             		# enable adaptive answer
AnswerRotary:           "fax data"      		# answer for data, then fax
ModemAnswerCmd:     ATH+FCLASS=1;A          # default is to answer as data
ModemAnswerFaxCmd:    ATH+FCLASS=1;A     # default is to answer as fax
ModemAnswerDataCmd:     ATH+FCLASS=0;A   # hangup and answer as data
Class1RecvIdentTimer:   10000           		# timeout fax answer in 10 secs