Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:47:54 -0000
From:      "M+P International" <sales@m-p.co.uk>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Bridging two ethernet networks

The person that set up our network made an error and set the internal IP's
to 100.0.0.xxx and not to 10.0.0.xxx. This has not been a problem till now.
I cannot just re-number because some of the old stuff has no documentation,
so I'd like to run both 100.0.0.xxx and 192.168.1.xxx on the same network
while I re-number what I can.

So I built a bridge with 2 Intel 10/100's, added options BRIDGE and re-built
the kernel. Both cards run in promiscuous mode, but neither network can see
the other. I haven't implemented options IPFIREWALL yet.
Is a bridge the right thing in this situation? Or have I just not built the
bridge correctly? From a '100' box I get 'No route to host' when I ping a
'192' pc. I have not given either card an IP address as suggested by the
documentation.

Any help very welcome.

Mervyn