Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:10:11 -0500
From:      unix <unix@donfishback.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hd compression

On Monday 07 January 2002 11:36, unix wrote:
> I need suggestions on how to compress directories while enabling regular
> programs to access files in the directories without special commands or
> naming.
>
> I have a large amount (50 gigs) of data kept in text files that I need to
> access through a java program.  I need to compress the files and have
> access to the data without changing the java program.
>
> Any Ideas???
>
> Michael

Since I didn't get an answer to this in a 24 hr period, I'm guessing that it
is not possible???  or nobody knows how to do it???  or I'm asking a dumb
newbie question???

It is easy to compress an entire drive in windows, I assumed that FreeBSD
would have something better...

Please help if you have any ideas.

Michael