Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:47:27 -0600
From:      "terry" <tcooper1@telusplanet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: QUOTA

I followed the hand book's instructions. I think I am having problems with
my /etc/fstab. I modified this line in my fstab file.

/dev/ad0s1g /usr ufs rw,userquota, 1 2

My users are in /usr/home/<user>. I am asuming that when I type
quotacheck -a I will build the database. I then typed quota test and I get
some results. 12 files. I add a file and nothing happened.  I then erased
all the quota.user and added a file to my test user, recompiled the kernel,
reboot and rebuilt the database and checked for the number of files. 12
again?

Am I typing the command in wrong to set the quota limit or messing up fstab?

I typed many different things.

Thanks for any help.