Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:57:05 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Closing PPP connection opened using ppp -auto

If I've opened a PPP connection using the line...

ppp -auto adsl

(where adsl is the profile name)

and the line has come up with usage, as is expected, how do I force a
disconnect? The only way I can find to do it at the moment is by running
killall ppp as root, which seems a little excessive and heavy handed, and
also messes up the driver for my adsl modem - then requiring a reboot to
reconnnect (as far as I can tell).

How do I force a disconnect?

Thanks,
Mark