Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2013 07:04:24 -0400
From:      Randall Stewart <rrs@lakerest.net>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MQ Patch.

A quick follow up note.

I will have an update to this.. it looks like in
my build-universe I see if_var.h changed (includes and such) so
I will have to touch up drbr.h  (nothing like trying to hit a moving
target :-D)

I will send out an update after my build-universe completes (hopefully =
today).. but
take a look at this one anyway (understand a couple of includes and such =
may change) :-)

On Oct 29, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Randall Stewart wrote:

> Hi:
>=20
> As discussed at vBSDcon with andre/emaste and gnn, I am sending
> this patch out to all of you ;-)
>=20
> I have previously sent it to gnn, andre, jhb, rwatson, and several =
other
> of the usual suspects (as gnn put it) and received dead silence.
>=20
> What does this patch do?
>=20
> Well it add the ability to do multi-queue at the driver level. =
Basically
> any driver that uses the new interface gets under it N queues (default
> is 8) for each physical transmit ring it has. The driver picks up=20
> its queue 0 first, then queue 1 .. up to the max.
>=20
> This allows you to prioritize packets. Also in here is the start of =
some
> work I will be doing for AQM.. think either Pi or Codel ;-)
>=20
> Right now thats pretty simple and just (in a few drivers) as the =
ability
> to limit the amount of data on the ring=85 which can help reduce =
buffer
> bloat. That needs to be refined into a lot more.
>=20
> This work is donated by Adara Networks and has been discussed in =
several
> of the past vendor summits.
>=20
> I plan on committing this before the IETF unless I hear major =
objections.
>=20
> Please have a look ;-)
>=20