Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:29:30 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POLA violation?: snmp renumbering stuff

On Nov 23, 2003, at 6:00 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

> I don't think snmp tables have any defined order.  I don't even know if
> the index for a particular resource is guaranteed to be stable across
> filesystem dismount/remounts.  Something like this should work:

My issue was that they shouldn't change once defined: otherwise, how
can you reliably use something if it adopts different behavior with
each new release/build?

After all, we're not talking about Windows here . . . .  ;-)

It would be useful if / were always 1, for example. It looks like, with
the inclusion of RAM and swap in the table, / might be 3.

--
Paul Beard
<paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>