Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:41:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      vikashb@mweb.co.za
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Signal 11 when Install FreeBSD 4.3

Greetings,

I downloaded the 4.3 iso images from a local mirror and wrote the image to cd.

The install freaks out when installing the src distributions with signal 11.
from the debug screen:
____________

DEBUG distExtract: parent : src, me :sbase
DEBUG Parsing attributes file for distribution ssy
DEBUG  Signal 11 Caught! , That's Bad !

This is the only information that I've got. ( I set DEBUG to yes from the
options menu)

I have managed to install 4.2 on this machine without a hitch.

I mounted the CD from my 3.5.1 Box and the MD5 checksums on sshare.* , ssys.* ,
stool.* , subin.* , susbin.* do not match the values in CHECKSUM.MD5.

question:

If i downloaded the src/ directory how can i recreate the iso image so that
it's bootable.

Note :
I can complete the installation if i don't select the src, ports and X
distribution sets , but I need the src to recompile the kernel.

Please Advise

Vikash