Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 14:25:32 -0500
From:      Scott Morris <smorris@tsi.gte.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   News servers

        Afternoon all,

        I've got a question on news servers which the archives didn't answer
so here goes.
        I want to put up news on my 2-1.5R platform. It will pull them in
with suck, and tin will be used to read them locally. Also it will need to
support newsgroups local to the machine (BBS type activity for the NET
challenged). The question is which server will work the best for this
(bandwidth considerations aside), highest reliabilty, etc.
        Just as a note, the archives have saved me hours of time researching
problems and questions. Thanks.

Scott Morris
GTE Telecommunication Services
smorris@tsi.gte.com
813-273-3917
*** My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. ***