Date:      10 Mar 2002 15:13:31 -0500
From:      Rick Fournier <rick@help-desk.ca>
To:        Cacerolazo <cacerolazo2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HD size trouble

I think its actually the bios doing this like Doug & Salvo suggested,

I also have this 60gig drive on some other pc and that shows up to
around 57gigs (which sounds normal)

But this 40gig drive on the older pc is missing around 9gigs, (that dint
sound normal ;)

Only prob is I cant seem to find the exact model number for this mb all
I know is its a shuttle and their website doesn't really match the
numbers on this board ;(

;oP
Rick,

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 13:53, Cacerolazo wrote:

> I'll tell you what happened to me.
>
> Once, I had a partition in my disk that I hadn't seen.
>
> The second time, I remembered that a HD capacity is measured in
> 1 000 000 bytes by the HD companies,
> while the O.S. uses the 1 048 576 value.
>
>  That's why my 30GB disk really has 27.9GB. I don't know if this helps
> you, hope so. Bye.

Rick Fournier
GPG Key: 0x31846E22