Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:27:51 +0200 (MEST)
From:      ANTOINE Pierre <nunux@free.fr>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Digital StorageWorks 300AA & HSZ40C

Hi,

My Alpha 2100A perfectly boot with FreeBSD 4.6,
my problem (previous mail) was: "Put the VGA PCI card in first PCI block"!

I've surf a while before founding how to configure RAID on the mylex
controller, but it's finaly done.

Now, I'm seeking informations about a Digital StorageWorks 300AA
hooked to a PCI card: KZPSA SCSI Controller.

Is this StorageWorks Arrays supported on FreeBSD ? Has anyone an StorageWorks
working with his alpha server ? Can you see disks in SRM or you needs
to access it via a special driver ?

On the server, I can see the SCSI interface KZPSA as pkb, doing show FRU,
and show CONFIG, but no disks.

I've hook a serial terminal to the Digital StorageWorks 300AA, playing at
9600 bauds and get a prompt. Any command fail and suggest to do a "SHOW
THIS_CONTROLLER" so i give you the result:

HSZ40C>SHOW THIS_CONTROLLER
Controller:
        HSZ40 ZG61200481 Firmware V34Z-0, Hardware  A02
        Not configured for dual-redundancy
        SCSI address 7
        Time: NOT SET
Host port:
        SCSI target(s) (0), Preferred target(s) (0)
        TRANSFER_RATE_REQUESTED = 10MHZ
Cache:
        32 megabyte write cache, version 2
        Cache is INVALID.  Cache containing unflushed data
         has been removed from this controller
        Battery is FAILED
        Unknown unflushed data in cache
        CACHE_FLUSH_TIMER = DEFAULT (10 seconds)
        CACHE_POLICY = A
        NOCACHE_UPS
        Host Functionality Mode = A
This controller has an invalid cache module
Invalid cache -- CLI command set reduced.  Type SHOW THIS_CONTROLLER. Please-
see user guide to determine corrective action
HSZ40C>

Thanks for your tips.