Date:      20 Aug 2002 17:50:08 -0400
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio SR11k and jogdial

--=-IHqwa1fKmGGWv3qDLdr1

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 15:52, David Haworth wrote:
[snip]
> the current situation is that if I roll the jogdial up and down it acts
> as a mousewheel but if I click the wheel in then it acts as a left mouse
> button click and what I want is for it to act as a middle mouse button
> click.
>=20
> I've tried=20
>=20
> moused -t jogdial -p /dev/jogdial -m 1=3D2

Did you try "moused -t jogdial -p /dev/jogdial -m 2=3D1"? I made the
mistake of reversing the arguments to -m a bunch of times before I read
the man page really carefully and noticed:
    -m N=3DM  Assign the physical button M to the logical button N.

The virtual button is first, followed by the physical button. Seems
backwards to me, but I guess it makes sense.

--=20
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>           http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a21>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+@ R@ tv@ b++@ DI++++ D+(-) G++ e>++ h>++ r++ y?