Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 02 17:21:12  GMT
From:      devans@hclb.demon.co.uk (Dave Evans)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: df problems ?

> > Is there any way of obtaining a list of superblocks on a fs, apart from
> > making a note of the list newfs produces?
>
> dumpfs(8)

There is, as I've just discovered, a -N option to newfs, which displays
what it is going to do but doesn't write to the disk.  One slip
of the typing fingers and you're sunk.

It seems that superblocks are always in the same place, but there
are more on larger disks. This seems to apply for all the disks
I've looked at.