Date:      19 Dec 2002 08:41:39 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port make options

> Heh, actually, my pet peeve on that score is net-snmp, which refuses to
> build at all if BATCH is set, because it's "an interactive port". (it
> wants to collect an email address and a location string - I only ever
> hit <CR> anyway).

This may have been fixed since the last time you tried it.  From the
net/snmp Makefile:

.if defined(BATCH)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-defaults --with-sys-contact=nobody@no.where
.else
IS_INTERACTIVE= yes
.endif

Older versions of the port seemed to do this when PACKAGE_BUILDING is
set, which I've never quite figured out exactly what the difference
between that and BATCH is.

Craig