Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 00:54:31 -0600
From:      wgrim@siue.edu
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nsswitch help for you?

Quoting Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>:

> what exactly do you want/need?
> danny

Sorry, I'll try to get as specific as I can with my currently limited knowledge
of the FBSD source code.

Basically, I would like to know where I can find information on the nsswitch
protocol (if that is even such a thing): perhaps a document or standards paper?

I will be downloading -CURRENT tomorrow so I can take a look at the current
nsswitch code, but is there anything you know right off hand that would help me?

I'm sorry for the incompetence and don't want to clutter -hackers mailing list
any more than I have too, but I don't exactly know what types of questions to
even really ask you yet.  If there is any general type of information you have
to help the learning curve of the kernel though, I'd appreciate it.