Date:      Wed, 27 May 2020 22:15:46 +0300
From:      Anthony Pankov <ap00@mail.ru>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslog call for structured data

> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:44:17AM +0300, Anthony Pankov via freebsd-hack=
ers wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>=20
>> I  just  wondering  is there libc function that support syslog rfc5424
>> structured data?
>>=20
>> There  must  be  something  like  syslogsd(int  priority,  const  char
>> *msgstr, ...) where ... is
>>  name1, value1, name2, value2, ...,  nameN, valueN

> Doesn't the classic syslog(3) do what you're expecting?  Maybe I'm
> missing something.
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dsyslog&sektion=3D3&manpath=3D=
freebsd-release-ports

rfc5424   introduce  structured data (SD) as a list of name-value pairs
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5424#section-6.3).

I'm interesting in standard way to make log line such as
[useract@12345 user=3D"James" action=3D"door open"]

--=20
=D1 =F3=E2=E0=E6=E5=ED=E8=E5=EC,
 Anthony                          mailto:ap00@mail.ru