Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:11:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "hondareyte.luc" <hondareyte.luc@laposte.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FreeBSD 7.0] broken MIDI support on SB !LIVE

Hello everyone,

I would like to use "fluidsynth" on FreeBSD 7.0 with a SB! LIVE (SND_EMU_10=
k1) and an external MIDI device (A Fatar Keyboard SL161). I know that the M=
IDI support is experimental, but in my case, it is unworkable.
I have only one MIDI device available (/dev/midi0.0). When I play, there is=
 no sound, but after some fifty notes played, I can hear a note, from time =
to time with latency. It seems that /dev/midi0.0 is buffered when it's supp=
osed to be a raw device. Is there a specific ioctl option to drive the devi=
ce in raw mode?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Luc

 Cr=C3=A9ez votre adresse =C3=A9lectronique pr=C3=A9nom.nom@laposte.net=20
 1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus int=C3=A9gr=C3=A9s.