Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:52:04 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe McCarty <jmccarty@scoe.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSRepositories

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 14:14 -0800, Joe McCarty wrote:
> Hi, Ville.
>
> RANCID is the Really Awesome New Cisco confIg Differ, and is found at
> http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/.  I was refered to your project from
> RANCID's documentation.
>
> I had never heard of SELinux until I looked it up in response to your
> question.  I'll check it out.

Then it might be that you don't have it enabled, it has to be explicitly
done in FC2 whereas in FC3 it's the default.

> I think I would have gotten a different error message from an httpd.conf
> access control.  The message I got seems to indicate that cvsweb.cgi is
> executing, since cvsweb.conf is being parsed.

So would I have thought until I first tried CVSweb on SELinux-enabled
FC3.  The error message was exactly the same, the OS prevents Perl from
accessing that dir altogether, so it thinks the dir doesn't exist.  Very
confusing until one happens to peek into /var/log/messages.

> Permissions on CVSROOT are:  drwxrwxr-x  5 rancid rancid 4096 Dec 16 14:04
> CVS
>
> Permissions on cvsweb.cgi are:  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 125762 Nov  6
> 01:15 cvsweb.cgi.
>
> I presume user apache calls the CGI.  The CVS folder is world readable,
> although most of the files under it are not.

Ok.  Please keep the CVSweb mailing list Cc'd in these discussions.
Others might be able to help too, or might be looking for a solution to
the same problem.