Date:      Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:39:14 -0400
From:      Mike Jeays <Mike.Jeays@rogers.com>
To:        Fridtjof Busse <fbusse@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox won't start

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 12:32, Fridtjof Busse wrote:
> Hi
> I just installed FreeBSD 5.4RC, everything works so fine.
> Just firefox won't work (running xfce), neither the package nor the
> port. I can only start it as root, under a normal user nothing happens
> at all. /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox quits after a second and no firefox.
> How can I fix this?
> Thanks.

At a guess, you may have created some configuration files owned by root
the first time you started it.  Try hunting them down and deleting them,
and start firefox from a user account again.

Also try running firefox from a command line in an xterm, if you haven't
already done so, and see if there are any helpful error messages.