Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:26:19 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Palm sync over bluetooth?

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 22:44 +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Eric Anderson píše v st 13. 07. 2005 v 15:41 -0500:
> > Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> > > Eric,

> > > man rfcomm_sppd(1)
> >
> >  From the man page, I was under the impression that would allow me to do
> > the opposite.  For instance, connect to another computer's serial device
> > over bluetooth, instead of the palm connecting to the computer.
>
> That's exactly how it is with serial and USB - computer connects to
> Palm, then you start Hotsync application on Palm.

I do mine slightly roundabout way -- using network sync. Setup is as
follows:

-- working bluetooth hardware ;) in my case D-Link DBT-120
-- load USB stack + ng_ubt
-- optionally (?) configure /etc/bluetooth/hosts
-- rc.bluetooth start ubt0
-- configure /etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.conf with proper PIN and start hcsecd
-- start sdpd
-- start rfcomm_pppd -d -s -C 1 -l bluetooth
-- in /etc/ppp/pppd.conf
bluetooth:
   set dial "\"\" READY GO"
   set ifaddr 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
   disable chap
   disable deflate
   disable mppe
   disable pred1
   disable shortseq
   disable vjcomp
   disable ipv6cp
   set timeout 0
   set lqrperiod 10
   enable lqr
   accept lqr
   # Do not use PPP authentication. Assume that
   # Bluetooth connection was authenticated already
   disable pap
   deny pap
   disable chap
   deny chap

-- start pi-csd for network sync
nohup /usr/local/bin/pi-csd -q -H <your host here> -a 192.168.1.1 -n
255.255.255.0 &

Only quirky thing there is "dial" line in ppp configuration -- I use it
on USB since it seems that some characters are being dropped between
ucom being created and devd  starting necessary application, so I kept
it here for consistency as well.

You will have to configure your Palm for network sync (provided that it
knows how ;) and set your target computer (not necessarily one you have
bluetooth on). This is pretty straightforward on my Clie T615C.

PILOTPORT has to be set to "net:any", same setting could be used in
jPilot. I have not had much luck with Evolution, but that might have
been due to the lack of motivation.

If you need more detail, just ask. Any suggestions on improving this
setup is more then welcome.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)