Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 22:36:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mr D Whitehead (Ext 2703) <davew@sees.bangor.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Security Problem?

Many thanks to all who replied.

I dont know how I missed it - too much 'Sun' (with prom passwd and
ttys constructed at startup) I expect.

>From /etc/ttys:

------------------------------------
# This entry needed for asking password when init goes to single-user mode
# If you want to be asked for password, change "secure" to "insecure" here
console none                            unknown off secure
------------------------------------

The points about the boot order (C: then A:) and the floppy are well taken
and should be OK.  The available hardware can set the boot order and the
BIOS setup can be protected by a password, so we should be ok.

		Thanks Again

		Dave Whitehead (Computer Support Staff)
EMAIL:-					|	TELEPHONE (work):-
(work) davew@sees.bangor.ac.uk 		|	+44 1248 382703 (Direct line)
(home) 100023.1076@compuserve.com	|	+44 1248 351151 ext 2703
SNAIL MAIL:-
Dave Whitehead
School of Electronic Engineering & Computer Systems,
University College of North Wales,
Dean Street,
Bangor  LL57 1UT