Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:09:03 -0400
From:      tigner <tigner@msu.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   more on tovid/makexml/idvid and makedvd

Hi,

Just another note on this package.

The makexml script attempts to test the dvdrw device as
a block device, when it is actually a character device. The
test in makexml should be changed from -b to -c for makexml
to work.

The makedvd script will only run correctly as root. It uses
dvd+rw-mediainfo to probe the dvdrw device to check for
blank media and this only works from the root account
for some reason. I have the permissions set correctly on
/dev/cd0 but will only work if I do it from the root account
or as super user.

If I find more problems, I will report them as well. I tried
to report to the originators of tovid, but could not find
an email site. I wound up making a post on an IRC channel.

Barry A. Tigner
Electronics Shop manager
Physics and Astronomy department
Michigan State University