Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:30:42 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Raul <raul@b2n.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with 7.2, vm_page_insert: page already inserted

--=-05I8sBu7XWngzO+awLmc

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 02:04 +0200, Raul wrote:
> I've rebuilt all ports twice without a glitch, except isc-dhcp30-server
> but that's another story. Can this double rebuilt help somehow with that
> sort of error?. I'm still out of ideas ...

If the double rebuild did help somehow it's still an issue that would
need to be addressed.  Stuff user-level does shouldn't cause the kernel
to panic - that's never a good thing.

You're the second one to report this panic so it's caught our notice as
something to watch over.  One report of a panic like this is potentially
issues with memory errors or any number of other possibilities given
this area of code but more than that deserves us paying more attention
to it.

Mike, you were the first to report this - have you had recurrences?

That said if there is a bug it's likely to be something fairly difficult
to reproduce (lots of people are running 7.2-PRERELEASE and so far only
two reports of this issue) so it's not a shock for you to have only had
it happen once so far.  Odds are it takes a rare sequence of events to
trigger it.

--=20
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu