Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:09:31 -0500
From:      dweimer <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Possible Error in the FreeBSD 10.2 Release Notes/Man page for TCP

I was reading through the Release notes, and decided to enable
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_detection in my test environment. It
appears that the monitoring tunable
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_min_activated is incorrectly listed. Using
sysctl -a | grep net.inet.tcp.pmtud, doesn't show it as a result. The
test system is running RC3 built on the 7th from revision 286391 of the
https://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.2 tree.

root@freebsd:/usr/src # sysctl -a | grep net.inet.tcp.pmtud
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_mss: 1200
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_failed: 0
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_activated_min_mss: 0
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_activated: 0
net.inet.tcp.pmtud_blackhole_detection: 1

I did confirm that the pmtud_blackhole_min_activated option is also
listed in the tcp(4) man page page as well.

If anyone is more familiar with this than I am can they look into seeing
if there is indeed an error, or if I am missing something here.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer