Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 2011 06:59:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: booting

=A0=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0AFrom: Maxime-Etienne de Gier=
 <maxime.etienne@gmx.com>=0ATo: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org =0ASent: Satu=
rday, December 17, 2011 9:04 AM=0ASubject: booting=0A=0A=0AI am really inte=
rested in Freebsd or PC-BSD but unfortunately every time=0Awhen I download =
an ISO of either of them and try to boot up (from the=0ADVD-ROM) my machine=
 will not boot up (Laptop PackardBell).=0AAny insight?=A0 Thanks and much r=
egard.=0A=0A=0AMaxime.=0A=0A=0A-- =0AMaxime-Etienne de Gier <maxime.etienne=
o/freebsd-questions=0ATo unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-u=
nsubscribe@freebsd.org"=0A=0AWe have to start with the basics here:=0A=0A1.=
 You say you download the iso but you don't indicate that your burn the iso=
 to DVD. Sorry, don't mean to cast any doubts on your ability but we get lo=
ts of posts from new users who simply copy the iso file to a DVD and then e=
xpect it to boot. The iso file must be translated by a program like Nero, o=
r burncd in order to make it bootable.=0A=0A2. What exactly are the error m=
essages you are seeing on the screen at the time it attempts to boot?