Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 17:14:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        mtaylor@gateway.cybernet.com (Mark J. Taylor)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, peter@nmti.com
Subject:   Re: Help! Pinnacle Micro Recordable CD!

> I've never hooked the thing up to a FreeBSD box before.  I've got about 10
> blanks laying here, but at $15 per blank I'm afraid of wasting $150 to find
> out that I used the wrong 'disklabel' option, or the wrong 'newfs'
> parameter.  I would be very willing to test out the worm code if someone is
> in for a small amount of hand holding.  :)

If you get the hardware end working, I can personally attest to the
fact that the mkisofs command in FreeBSD is very finicky about the
options it accepts, but once you hit on the right ones it does work
and will produce an image that, once burned onto a CD, does the right
thing.

I may make some changes so that the "asserts" turn into warnings about
which non-optional flag you forgot to specify.. :-) The mkisofs stuff
was written by Yggdrasil, and very poor quality code it is indeed!  It
definitely has the hallmarks of something that was written by somebody
who had little love for the task and just wanted it to work and work
quickly.

						Jordan