Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 17:16:54 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: don't need more than one src dir

Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com> types:
> i have nfs mounted /usr/src /usr/ports and /usr/obj
> from 1 machine for other fbsd machines.
>
> install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444  /gorbag/src/include/osreldate.h
> /usr/include
> install: /gorbag/src/include/osreldate.h: No such file or directory
>

> i get that attemping a make installworld
>
> really don;t want to have to do a make buildworld on every machine....
> that takes out the purpose in the nfs mounts in the first place....any
> ideas?

Yeah - you have to make sure the real mount points are the same on all
the systems. If your src is really /usr/src, /usr/obj and /usr/ports
on the build machine, then they need to be mounted on /usr/src,
/usr/obj and /usr/ports on the client machines as well. Symlinks from
those points to the real mount point won't work. Well, I guess you
could create symlinks in /usr/obj to make them work, but you'll have
to figure out how to do that yourself.

	<mike