Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:14:42 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1043882084.284178@mired.org>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is the Kernel device config visual interface still necessary

In <MIEPLLIBMLEEABPDBIEGMEFJDEAA.barbish@a1poweruser.com>, JoeB <barbish@a1poweruser.com> typed:
> My question, what purpose does the 'Kernel Device Configuration
> Visual Interface' screen serve and can people safely use the 'Skip
> kernel configuration and continue with installation' from the
> 'Kernel configuration menu'?

Most people can probably skip the kernel configuration section. Not
everyone can, though - which is why it needs to be there.

My path when installing on new hardware is to boot without doing the
kernel config. If there are problems, I try again, this time doing the
kernel config to deal with the hardware that's giving me problems.

	<mike