Date:      Fri, 08 May 1998 18:04:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: *sigh* Anyone else see this article?

> This is just getting depressing :)
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/news/business/story/12187.html

Why?  Sounds good to me!  We can then run all this stuff!

People have to stop thinking of additional Linux market penetration as
such a bad thing - it's "paving the road" for us in a number of areas
where we'd just plain and simply NOT be able to go otherwise.  Do you
think Coral would have done this strictly for us, for example?  Not a
chance in hell - we're not big enough to register on those sorts of
radar screens yet and the fact that Linux is means that we should be
happy whenever it steamrollers yet another vendor into the free software
camp. :-)

- Jordan