Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:12:59 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <damian@sentex.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SHMMAX troubles

Just an FYI, and a solicitation for help...

I just did a buildworld on one of our database servers.  On reboot,
PostgreSQL refused to come up, complaining of a too small SHMMAX.
After some digging, it looks like kern.ipc.shmmax had been set to 0,
even though my kernel configuration has it much higher.  To work
around this, I just the sysctl to the proper value, and postgres now
starts properly.