Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 2020 19:49:35 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem installing Windows 7 guest with bhyve

I've followed these steps to use vm-bhyve to install a Windows 7 guest on my
FreeBSD 12.1 system based on the instructions at
http://srobb.net/vm-bhyve.html

pkg install vm-bhyve bhyve-firmware
zfs create home/NOBACKUP/vm
Added vm_enable="YES" and vm_dir="zfs:home/NOBACKUP/vm" to /etc/rc.conf
cp /usr/local/share/examples/vm-bhyve/* /nobackup/vm/.templates
vm switch create public
vm switch add public re0
Placed a copy of the Windows 7 installation ISO into /nobackup/vm/.iso
vm create -t windows -s 40G win7
vm install win7 win7.iso
vncviewer :5900

The Windows installer started , although it did not respond to my mouse I was
able to navigate through the first stages of setup using the keyboard as far
as the disk setup screen where I selected 'Disk 0 Unallocated Space' and
clicked 'Next'. The installation was then cancelled with the message "Windows
could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing
the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057"

--
Mike Clarke