Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 1995 02:57:06 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        jkorkala@xgw.fi (Jussi P. Korkala)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with screen

> I have FreeBSD 2.0 Release and a problem with screen. It always dumps
> core & hangs the virtual terminal i am on _if_ the user has a password.
> If there is no password, it works as it should. I have tried versions
> 3.5.2 and 3.6.1 which both have the same problem. Both also compile nicely
> without any problems.

Look at the ports directory where you get the FreeBSD release. You should
find under ports/utils/screen/patches the necessary patches for FreeBSD.
You can also get the whole ports/utils/screen tree and then simply do
a "make" and it will produce a hopefully working binary for you :-).

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe