Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 12:57:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        ugen@netvision.net.il, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: -current slow again..

David Greenman writes:

>    I don't know how to help you. You haven't given me any information except a
> complaint that the system is very slow. If you want help in solving this
> problem, you'll need to provide information about the problem. A 'vmstat -s'
> to start with. A 'vmstat -m' would also be useful. A 'ps -alxww' would be very
> useful.
>    My own experiance with -current is that it is faster than it has ever been,
> and everyone else I've talked to has said similar things about their experiance.

I'll let you know.  I just started a "make world".  The last time
I tried during the great slow down I stopped it after 27 hours on
a DX2-66 with 16MB RAM.

Certainly it seems fine and the disk sounds good.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936