Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 22:58:19 -0400
From:      bobd@fox.nstn.ca (Robert Deschambault)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse Configuration

>To: Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
>From: bobd@fox.nstn.ca (Robert Deschambault)
>Subject: Re: Mouse Configuration
>
>Chuck,
>
>>I think a good hint here would be to follow up this message with info
>>anyone would need to help you, like what kind of mouse are you using, and
>>what things have you already tried and had failures with.  Otherwise, no
>>one can guess what might be your problem....
>>

>I currently have two possible mouse configurations.  I have a plain vanilla
two-button mouse on COM1: or I can use an inport mouse on my ATI video card.
I don't know how to configure the drivers under FreeBSD.  In the X11
readme.fre file they talk about using a 'cat </dev/tty00' to see if the
mouse is working.  In the xf86config utility the question of which driver to
use for the mouse pops up.  I don't know which to use, /dev/mse0 or
/dev/pse0 or /dev/tty00.  I have tried to run sh MAKEDEV mouse, but all I
get is mouse->mouse in the dev directory.  When I try to use this driver I
get a message about links being too deep.  When I tried to run the cat
</dev/mse0 trick, I get an error message about the driver not being
configured properly.  What do I have to do to get the system to recognize
the mouse.

>Thanks for the quick reply.
>
>Bob

---
  Robert Deschambault               e-mail: bobd@fox.nstn.ca
  1608-20 Edgecliffe Golfway        phone:  (416)425-1451
  Don Mills, Ontario, M3C 3A4