Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 1995 18:59:42 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Chinese/Korean liasions wanted

 * > I assume these are GB tools?
 * Yup some of old fashioned taiwanese chinese,
 * & some of newer mainland chinese (the docs say Mao's arm didnt stretch
 * to the island when he forced the mainland to rationalise (mainly strip
 * the character set back a bit)

Now you've got me all confused. ;)  I always thought GB = Simplified,
and Big5 = Traditional.  Are you saying GB = Taiwanese/Mandarin, Big5
= Cantonese?

Well, whatever.  Is it ok to classify them by code systems (chinese-gb
& chinese-b5), or do we need to further divide GB into Taiwanese and
Mandarin? (?_?)

 * Ill clean & dump it in ~jhs/chinese on freefall

Thanks...I'll take a look....

Satoshi