Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 18:57:05 -0700
From:      dyson <dyson@Root.COM>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, moore@ced.utah.edu
Subject:   Re: bug in mmap / ftruncate in 041295-SNAP?

Lots of fixes have been made since that snapshot.  The new merged VM/Buffer
code is significantly different from the original.  It is looking
really good now, and I suggest updating to the next snapshot (It
might be the release of 2.0.[56]).  You should be able to generally
mix file and mapped file operations freely now.  The msync that
used to be needed is gratuitous now.  (You still might want to msync for
file consistancy reasons).  But you should not need to do anything
special for programs that mix/match mmap-I/O.

John
dyson@root.com