Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 12:58:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions about 2.0.5-R

I've successfully installed 2.0.5-R on one of my machines, and I must
say, it's the best release to date - and I've used every one since 1.0.
Congrats!

Anyways, I am preparing to upgrade my main server.  Can 2.0.5-R read my
old (2.0-950322-SNAP) partitions?  The reason I ask is because I don't
really completely trust my tape drive, and I'd like to dump all of my
old filesystems to a large scratch disk that I have on hand and then
simply recreate my partitions and restore /usr/local and such.

Of course, I could always experiment, but I'd prefer to avoid any
unneccesary downtime.

Any problems with this?  Or is this a totally half-baked idea?