Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 1995 10:58:57 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        phk@freefall.cdrom.com, ache@astral.msk.su, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Just FYI, gcc 2.7.0 is out, do we plan to switch to it?

>>> I think we should put it into 2.2 immediately (or maybe wait for 2.7.1).
>>>
>>2.7.0 -- no way.
>>2.7.1 -- maybe
>>2.7.2 -- probably.
>
>I want to get correct support for freebsd in it (it still has a 1.x
>freebsd.h with the most inappropriate parts `#if 0'ed...).  2.7.1 may
>be too late to start.  2.7.0 may be too late to start.
>
>Bruce

I second Bruce on this.  We have a "stable" branch now, so there is
no harm in bringing a new gcc in now on the 2.2 branch.  The sooner
we know about the problems in the 2.7 series, the sooner we can work
to get them fixed and report them back to the FSF.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM