Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 1995 03:49:48 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        root@guru.ims.uni-stuttgart.de
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports/lang/gnat

 * If I think it's time to take up proper maintenance of gnat,
 * I'll send a notice to this list.

That's great to hear.  Thanks!

Satoshi

 * PS: taking out gnat from the Makefile is a good idea. If
 * people know what gnat is and really want to have it, they
 * can compile it themselves. (also it takes up more than 5MB
 * when installed, which is pretty much if you never use it).

Ok, I took it out for now, we can't have something that will break a
simple "make" on an empty system in there.  BTW, don't worry about
people not knowing what they need, that's not the criteria we use to
judge what to put in ports/subdir/Makefiles. :)