Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 23:47:29 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   YaHoo! My Mbone feed is working :)

With the help of Jim Lowe and Bill Fenner, they managed to sort out the mbone
problems .  Jim is kind to let me have a feed to check out the mbone stuff
for a few days. So whats the big deal?

Well, I have a 128k ISDN line which can be very easily swamp by the
mbone. Fortunatly, mrouted 3.5 has prunning and you can also
specified the data rate for the tunnel.

If you want to chat, send me mail or reach me at the default vat address.

How am using vat now days?

Simple.

	vmix

	vat -U /tmp/vatsock

And that vat invocation  uses the default vat address which I mentioned
earlier.

vmix communicates with vat via the socket interface and does the sound
recording and playback. So no more vat driver is needed.

Although, vmix is an alpha release is a cool hack from Jim Lowe :)

You can find vmix.0.2.tar.gz and sound.v30.2.tar.gz at ftp.best.com:/pub/hasty

	Have fun!

	Amancio