Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 08:59:44 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        zippy@smtpgate.gstone.com (Alcaraz, Walter S.)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

Alcaraz, Walter S. stands accused of saying:

> With all these people reporting problems with FreeBSD 2.0.5, should I
> wait
> until FreeBSD 2.1 comes out before buying the CD from Walnut Creek?  I am
> running FreeBSD 2.0 just fine right now.

Hell, with all these people reporting problems with Windows '95, could I
interest you in a copy of Windows 1.02?

Seriously, what "all these people"?  There are huge numbers of people
who are just installing it and using it hitch-free.  I'm hardly the
prolific unix-installed-for-bread like say Rod is, but I would have
done twenty+ installs on the most amazing range of hardware; the only
problems I've had are hardware (dying disk on my NFS server, so I swapped
over halfway through the install to a different machine, crummy ethernet
cards, so I select the slow NFS option... that sort of jazz).

If you want something more stable than 2.0, 2.0.5 is great.  If 2.0 isn't
giving you any grief, and none of the new features in 2.0.5 are
useful to you, then by all means keep on with what you've got.

>          Walter .S. Alcaraz                        Zippy D. Wonderslug

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[