Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 23:32:28 -0700
From:      Timothy Moore <moore@WOLFE.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing a serial card...

This must be pretty basic PC stuff, but I'm fairly new to PCs, so bear
with me.  I'm trying to add a "hi-speed" serial card with two ports to
a 486 ISA system running FreeBSD.  The card allows setting of IRQs via
jumpers on the card, as well as base addresses. .  I chose 10 and 11
for these ports which are supposed to be sio2 and sio3.  FreeBSD
doesn't recognize that the com ports are there, though I changed the
irq for sio{2,3} via kernel -c.  I reluctantly booted up DOS and ran
msd, which shows all 4 com ports (and identifies the different uart
chips correctly), but shows the ports sharing IRQs 4 and 3 (which is
common in the DOS world, I am told).

WTF?  What am I missing?
Thanks,
Tim