Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 20:29:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Subject:   Re: rmail and brain-dead mail systems .. patch enclosed

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> You all do realize that our rmail sources come with sendmail:

Yes, of course.

> And if you have problems with rmail they should be sent to Eric...

The problem is rmail itself, and its idea of insisting on From_.  I
don't know which ancient environment Eric has been designing this
for... i assume he might have had a reason for it, but for all
"modern" environments, /bin/rmail can safely be replaced by sendmail.

Perhaps configurations where only old UUCP mailers communicate
together (without intervening RFC-822 mailers) might be the cause,
perhaps there's no From: line then so From_ will be important.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/