Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 00:41:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kent Hamilton <kenth@HNS.St-Louis.Mo.US>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, davidg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stable general protection fault in last kernel

According to =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=:

> Building from today's sources I can easily got

Well, I have been building about once a week so I'm not much help
but I tried picking up -current Sat morning (*early*) and I haven't
gotten a clean system since.  I'm running on a kernel from a week
ago right now.  The one as of yesterday morning panics with a paging
error in kadmind, or grep, or any of a bunch of other places.

Also appears that the atapi/wcd support no longer works as either
a module or static.  Same with some of the other lkm stuff.  (Screen
savers, etc.)  I know that there has been some cleanup being done
in that area, but just thought I'd mention it.

I didn't get a stack trace of the panic, I've spent all day just
trying to get a running system again to try and sup the latest
diffs to see if that fixes the problem.  I'm doing a make world
now so we'll see.

--
 Kent Hamilton                             Work:  KHamilton@Hunter.COM