Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 11:59:20 -0500
From:      "Michel Joly de Lotbiniere" <mjdl@interlog.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@reptiles.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading system from 2.0-RELEASE to 2.1.0-RELEASE...

Marc,
Can't really answer your question (I use the CD-ROM version, will wait
for the 2.1 release in December), but the comp.os.bsd.* newsgroups
are in a searchable format at http://www.freebsd.org/; try keyword
combos like "upgrade AND install*", you may find something.

Generally, if you keep your /home and /usr/local on separate slices
from everything else, and keep copies somewhere safe of configuration
files that are in /etc and /var (and a few other places) -- the
same probably applies to the X11R6 tree -- you can zap everything else
and reinstall the new version from scratch; but I've never done that.

Michel Joly de Lotbiniere
mjdl@interlog.com