Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 1995 08:52:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        archive@cps.cmich.edu (Mail Archive)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, mikhail@klm.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Poor NFS performance under FreeBSD

> > The lockd/stad have to do with file locking andwon't affect write
> > performance at all (unless you use an unlock as a trigger for client
> > cache flushing, and even then your processes would have to know
> > about it and cooperate).
>
> Anyone know the status of lockd/statd :) I would really like to scrap
> Solaris x86 for FreeBSD file serving but until I have statd/lockd I am
> stuck :(

Andrew has a fully functional rpc.statd.  Since only he and I have kernels
with my Sun-style hostid/proxy fcntl changes integrated, the rpc.lockd is
pretty much stubbed.

He has promised to send the code he does have to me this weekend.  I've
been hacking locking code at work and my employer doesn't object, so I'm
going to be hacking on the rpc.lockd code to turn the stubs into real
calls as time and stub availability permits.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.