Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:08:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal Trap 12: Page Fault...

As Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Hi...
>
> 	First question, can someone tell me where I can change the
> timeout before the system reboots for the following?...

j@uriah 322% fgrep 'a key' *
machdep.c:                                      printf("Automatic reboot in %d seconds - press a key on the console to abort\n",
machdep.c:                                              if (cncheckc()) /* Did user type a key? */
machdep.c:                      printf("--> Press a key on the console to reboot <--\n");

                        if (PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME != 0) {
                                if (PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME != -1) {
                                        int loop;
                                        printf("Automatic reboot in %d seconds - press a key on the console to abort\n",
                                                PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME);
                                        for (loop = PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME * 10;

So it seems all you need is changing PANIC_REBOOT_WAIT_TIME.

> Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>
> virtual address: 0xf24
> instruction pointer: 0x8: 0xf01711f5
>
> fault code: supervisor write, page not present
>
> 	Now, there is alot more data presented that I wasn't able
> to get...

Better yet, enable core dumping.  You should be able to extract all
this information from the core as well.

The kernel-debug section in the handbook explains kernel core dumps.

--
cheers, J"org