Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:09:09 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jacek@petex1.petex.bielsko.pl (jacek)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyboard reset ....

jacek stands accused of saying:

> I have 2.1 installed on my computer since 1 month. Everything is OK,
> but...when I issue a 'halt' command I receive following messages:
> "syncing disks ...4 3 1 done
> The operating system has halted.
> Please press any key to reboot."
> And when I press a key I got
> "Rebooting...
> Keyboard reset did not work, attempting CPU shutdown" and I have to press
> reset buton to reboot.
> What's wrong ? Please help. Thanks in advance

Your motherboard refuses to reboot using either of the two 'standard'
methods.  Unless someone sits down and works out what it is about a
(small) number of systems that makes them behave like this, you're stuck
with this problem.

>                                               Jacek Korpiela

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[