Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 18:00:48 -0800
From:      dracon@apple.com (Shari Brooks)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with installer for 2.0.5

hello, I had a machine set up with FreeBSD 2.0.5, with an IDE disk as
the primary drive and /usr on a separate SCSI disk.

The IDE disk had the HDD controller die.  I unfortunately did not have
the means to have it backed up.

I have a spare SCSI disk, and can use this as the new boot disk.

My question is basically, what do I need to do in order to only install
the / filesystem, as I already have /usr installed on the other disk?
This disk is also not backed up and so I really don't want to muck up and
lose all my data.

I have the 2.0.5 CD.

thanks in advance

--