Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:39:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      sycheng@cis.ufl.edu
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: [HELP] Cannot boot

>>     I don't know if this is a FAQ but I really need your help.
>
>It's been discussed here a couple of days ago.

  Really ! I didn't notice that. Did they work out any good way ? Thanks.

>>     I just try to install FreeBSD-current into a Quantum 1280MB HD, which
>>   is attached to a Promise EIDE2300plus card. It is using LBA mode.
>
>>       1. Whole drive is dedicated to FreeBSD. (one partition).
>
>In this case, have you also tried it without LBA mode?  FreeBSD
>doesn't use it, but also doesn't need it.  It doesn't suffer from a
>1024-ficticuous-cylinder-limit (execept for boot where it's using the
>BIOS).

  Sure. I've tried to disable LBA mode from BIOS, or Promise card, or both,
but none worked. Besides, I need to use DOS/Windows sometime so I don't think
I will disable LBA mode even it works.

  Thanks a lot. Any other good suggestion ?

--
Cheng, Hsiao-Yang   Graduate Student           ___   .  TEL: 3 5 2 - 3 3
Department of Computer Information Science    /   \ /                    8